Anritsu Corporation (President Hirokazu Hamada) announces the release of its 4ch sampling oscilloscope option for installation in the BERTWaveTMMP2110A to integrate an oscilloscope and BERT in an-all-in-one unit.
Backbone networks and data centers are using 100G Ethernet increasingly to meet anticipated traffic demand for 5G, etc., while also examining implementation of 400G Ethernet. The optical modules used in configuring these optical communications networks combine various technologies, such as the NRZ/PAM4 signalling formats, numbers of channels, and different wavelengths, but on the other hand cost-cutting requirements are becoming increasingly severe. Consequently, configuring an environment to evaluate these optical modules requires a high cost-performance system able to support the various methods while retaining high flexibility for future technologies.
To meet these cost requirements, this 4ch oscilloscope addition halves the unit cost per channel while maintaining the same performance.
Furthermore, with genuine multichannel support in not only hardware but also software, either all channels or individual channels can be measured simultaneously. These functions offer high-efficiency measurement not only of multichannel modules but also of multiple single channel modules for configuring high-usability evaluation environments.
Adding this high cost-performance 4ch option provides an all-in-one instrument for combined1/2/4 channel oscilloscope and BERT, making it the ideal, flexible test solution meeting cost requirements matching scale and budget for both development and manufacturing.
With this release Anritsu further extends its line of test solutions promoting development and production of optical modules.
BERTWaveTM MP2110A Features:
- Built-in oscilloscope and BERT with selection of 1/2/4 channels for development and manufacturing of 25Gto 400G optical devices
- Sampling oscilloscope: World’s highest level sensitivity supporting wide optical signal analysis from 25 Gbaud NRZ to 53Gbaud PAM4 with built-in clock recovery option
- BERT: Same waveform quality and high sensitivity as R&D module and clock recovery built-in as standard
- Fast stable measurement using built-in PC
Evaluating Physical Layer performance of 25G to 400G optical transceiver modules and optical cables and their component parts used by data centers, Core/Metro networks, 4G/5Gmobile backhaul, and 5G mobile front haul
- Transmission Standards: Ethernet, eCPRI/RoE, CPRI, SDH/SONET, OTN, InfiniBand, Fibre Channel
- Optical Transceiver Modules: CFP2/4/8, SFP28, SFP56, QSFP28, QSFP56, OSFP, QSFP-DD
- Cables: Active Optical Cables (AOC), Direct Attach Cables (DAC)
- Devices: TOSA, ROSA, High-Speed Optical Engine, PHY, Driver IC