Connect Broadband, market leaders in wireline & broadband segment in Punjab, and the official Wi-Fi partner at the ongoing CII Chandigarh Fair 2018, has announced the launch of AR/VR content services in partnership with Kompanions (specialists in AR & VR content development) to bring Augmented and Virtual reality products for all Connect and non-Connect Customers. Connect Broadband Customers and regular visitors at the Fair will be witness to the latest technology services offered and of the unlimited possibilities of Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, Extended Reality in various industries, thus expanding the limits of human perceptions and spreading human expertise via the very latest in upcoming technologies.
Connect Broadband is known for pioneering innovations and bringing the best and the latest through national and international collaborations. With this launch Connect Broadband has moved further up in terms of building portfolio of IOT applications.
Arvind Jalota, Chief Business Officer, Connect Broadband said, “The thought that these technologies hold the future to advance the human race ahead, is the driving force being this partnership. VR, AR, Augmented Reality, Extended Reality, Mixed Reality being the next big wave in technology, we believe the tie up will add a lot of value for our valuable customers and enterprise business partners.”
Multiple industries where the upcoming technologies will be put to use are;
1. Real Estate: Customers wanting to purchase property can now see and experience the final product being promised to them. Real estate developers can create VR studios and AR brochures to make the customers choose design variations as per respective projects.
2. Education: AR augments the reality and with VR included in the leaning methodology, both foster the learning process by offering Interactive and personalized learning. KOMPANIONS has already collaborated with global industry leaders and giants like Pearson & Orient Blackswan, as well as the oldest Ed-Tech company in India – NIIT to bring out some of the most advanced immersive learning experiences
3. Manufacturing: Redefining work processes in one of the oldest pillars of the industry, the manufacturing sector. AR & VR have accelerated work pace, increased efficiency and are emerging to play pivotal roles in training large workforces in skilled jobs
4. Telecommunication: Operating telco towers at remote locations is way daunting than we think, AR & VR are the only no risk solution/s available for such field services. Engineers can scan the tower, understand the components inserted, know the exact faults and see the solution with the ease of a smartphone
5. Healthcare: Professionals in the medical space have admitted that these technologies have an immense disruptive potential and have the capacity to change how the healthcare industry delivers patient care and provides training.
6. Travel and Tourism: Seeing a destination before you actually visit is fantastic! AR VR in travel and tourism teleport the viewer to their favourite destination/s and make them experience the place even before they have landed their foot on that location.
Other than the above mentioned industries applicability of AR VR is also getting rapid adoption in industries like Automobile, Retail, Logistics etc. with a wide range of problem solving applications.
You can experience magic of virtual reality at the ongoing consumer fair organized by CII at Parade Ground, Chandigarh.